Blog — anxiety
5 Ways to Ease Back-to-School Anxiety
after-school activities anxiety back to school bedtime routine summer break tutoring
Here are 5 ways to ease your child’s back-to-school anxiety:
- Start your child's bedtime routine in advance. They will not fight with you every morning if they are accustomed to their routine.
- Go to their open house together! Let them see the environment and meet their new teacher before school begins.
- Make school shopping an experience. Allow your child the freedom to choose what folders, pencil cases, and lunchbox they get for the new school year.
- Listen to your child’s concerns. Have an open discussion about their fears, assumptions, and feelings.
- Practice their after-school routines. What days should they expect dad to pick them up? When is basketball practice? If you’re late, what should they do?