Here are 5 ways to ease your child’s back-to-school anxiety:
- Start your child's bedtime routine in advance. They will not fight with you every morning if they are accustomed to their routine.
- Go to their open house together! Let them see the environment and meet their new teacher before school begins.
- Make school shopping an experience. Allow your child the freedom to choose what folders, pencil cases, and lunchbox they get for the new school year.
- Listen to your child’s concerns. Have an open discussion about their fears, assumptions, and feelings.
- Practice their after-school routines. What days should they expect dad to pick them up? When is basketball practice? If you’re late, what should they do?
benefits of summer tutoring learning gaps learning loss math interventionist math skills math tutoring minority youth reading reading specialist reading support student performance student success summer slump summer tutoring tutoring